Low to High Volume Aluminum & Zinc Green Sand Casting
With a dedicated team of casting specialists and over 150,000 square feet of casting space, our foundries at Cast Metals Technology offer unmatched versatility.
Our Casting Capabilities
Specializing in aluminum and zinc castings, we use state-of-the-art equipment to offer incredible flexibility in the green sand casting method, with orders ranging from just a few pieces to hundreds of thousands per year. We maintain ISO 9001:2015 Quality Certification with a Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), and are committed to on-time delivery of quality castings – at a fair price.
Our capabilities include:
Low to high-volume production
Aluminum & Zinc sand castings
Casting Design Assistance
Complex shapes and sizes
Intricately cored castings
Multiple manual and automated molding lines
Multiple Casting Alloys
With a maximum casting weight of 150 lbs and the ability to produce one piece per year to thousands of pieces per week, our casting facilities are well equipped to meet a wide variety of casting sizes and customer requirements.
- (1) Hunter 20 Automatic Molding Machine 20″ x 24″
- (1) Sinto FBO II Automatic Molding Machine 16″ x 20″
- (1) Osborn Squeezer Up to 15” x 26” and 18” x 18”
- (4) Osborn Roto-Lifts Up to 24” x 32” and 32” x 32”
- (1) 300 lbs./min Palmer No-Bake Molding Mixer
- Floor Molding up to 60” x 60”
With various choices for tooling construction, we utilize multiple options for core processes:
- Shell (Iron or Aluminum)
- Isocure (Red Board or Wood)
- Airset (Red Board or Wood)
With a wide variety of casting requirements that must meet specific mechanical properties, Cast Metals Technology offers a large list of alloys to choose from:
- 713 (Tenzalloy)
- 535 (Almag 535)
Gas Fired and Electric Furnaces
- (1) 4,000 lb. Reverb – Gas
- (2) 600 lb. – Gas
- (2) 2,700 lb. – Electric Resistance
- (5) 1,000 lb. – Gas
- (3) 2,000 lb. – Gas
Post casting processes are an important factor to achieving superior casting quality and heat treating is one of those factors. Our heat treating is completed in-house which ensures we are meeting the required mechanical properties and providing quicker lead times for our customers. After heat treating is complete, we perform in-house tensile testing as well as brinell hardness testing to ensure we are meeting the standards.
- T4 – Solution heat treated, and naturally aged to a substantially stable condition.
- T5 – Cooled from an elevated temperature shaping process then artificially aged.
- T6 – Solution heat treated then artificially aged.
- T7 – Solution heat treated then overaged/stabilized.
Looking to make use of our aluminum casting services? Get in touch with Cast Metals Technology now for a quote!